Print RecipeFeral Hog/Pork Rub Yum
Salt-free rub. Dry-brine 2-12 hours in advance with 1/2 tsp. kosher salt per 2# of meat. Ribs are half bone by weight. 1 Batch makes ≈ 1.5 cups. Use about 1/3 cup per butt. Lay heavy on ribs.
- .5 cup sugar — Turbinado if it floats your boat, but it probably doesn't matter.
- .25 cup Brown sugar
- 1 Tbl Granulated garlic
- 1 Tbl Granulated Onion
- 2 Tbl smoked paprika
- 2 Tbl chili powder — or powder some dried chilis (ancho, etc.)
- 2 Tbl ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Cayenne Pepper powder — Obviously adjust to taste.
- 1 Tbl dried thyme
- 1 Tbl ground cumin — even better, grind whole
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg — even better, grind whole
- 2 ea zest from # lemons — Optional to add JUST BEFORE RUBBING
Consider adding fresh lemon zest to rub just before applying.
View online at KillerNoms.com/porkrub
Share this Recipe