- 1/4 cup clarified butter -- or other high smoke-point oil
- 2/3 cup Popcorn kernels -- relatively fresh ( < 1 year)
- 2 tsp fine salt
- place oil, salt and 3 kernels of popcorn in a covered pan on a medium-high range. Swirl around a little to start.
- Once the three kernels pop, remove from heat, add remaining kernels and swirl around. Leave off heat about 30 seconds.
- Return to heat. Once the kernels start popping, set the lid just slightly ajar to let the steam escape - not enough that any popcorn escapes.
- As soon as the pops are less than 5 seconds apart remove from heat, turn off stove, and pour popcorn into a bowl.
- Test for saltiness and adjust as needed.
Ideas for toppings: smoked paprika, nutritional yeast, cayenne powder, taco seasoning, curry powder, chili pepper, cumin, grated Parmesan cheese
Share this Recipe