Print RecipeCreamed Corn Yum
Creamed Corn, lifted nearly intact from Alton Brown
- 3 lbs corn — Roughly 4 ears per lb of stripped corn
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 4 oz diced onion — about half an onion
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- 1 sprig Fresh rosemary — bruised. If you don't have a fresh sprig, try 1/2 tsp powdered.
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric — for color
- 2 Tbsp cornmeal — stone-ground
- 1 cup heavy cream
- to taste black pepper
- Slice corn off of cobs into LARGE bowl, scrape down the cobs with dull end of knife after slicing to capture juice. A little messy, choose a spot for easy cleanup. Using a small paper or plastic bowl upside down on bottom of large bowl helps.
- Melt butter in large sauce pan or dutch oven
- Add onion, salt & rosemary and sautee until onions are translucent (not browned), ~ 5 minutes
- Add corn, sugar and turmeric to onion and cook over medium-high heat until liquid thickens, ~ 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle corn meal in while stirring to combine.
- Add cream, reduce heat to medium and cook until corn is soft, ~ 3 minutes.
- Fish out rosemary sprig, add black pepper to taste.
View online at KillerNoms.com/creamed-corn
Share this Recipe